- 25-Nov-2013 to 31-Dec-2013 (CST)
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Part Time
NON-CDL Truck Driver - Warehouse Associate Job Description
Insulation Distributors, Inc., a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market, is seeking a dependable Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate to join the IDI team. As a Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate for Insulation Distributors, you will be required to deliver complete, accurate and on-time deliveries to the company's customers; to represent the company in a highly professional, safe and cost-effective manner; and comply with all DOT and other applicable regulations. Other duties include various warehouse and counter duties that include but are not limited to: loading & unloading product, order fulfillment, inventory counting, customer service, and assisting the Warehouse Manager with various tasks to ensure a organized and efficient warehouse.
NON-CDL Truck Driver - Warehouse Associate Job Requirements
As a Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate for Insulation Distributors, you must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team and possess a professional, customer-focused attitude. You must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record as well as current driver's license and DOT medical card. Proficiency with order entry and use of inventory systems is preferred.
Additional Job Requirements
- Ability to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Ability to understand product numbers and alpha/numeric codes
- Working knowledge of DOT safety rules and regulations including inspections and log book preparation
- Ability to read a map and accurately plan a route
- Proficient listening, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to lift/carry/maneuver heavy materials and equipment on a daily basis
- Proficiency with material handling equipment including: forklift, pallet jack and shrink wrapper
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and drug test
- Ability to work a Monday - Friday schedule per delivery demands
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years experience in route delivery or applicable background driving required
- 1+ year(s) experience in distribution warehouse setting preferred
Candidates with no truck driving experience please do not apply for this job.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!