- 25-Nov-2013 to 31-Dec-2013 (CST)
- Raleigh, NC, USA
- Part Time
NON-CDL Truck Driver - Warehouse Associate Job Description
Insulation Distributors, Inc., a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market, is seeking a dependable Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate to join the IDI team. As a Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate for Insulation Distributors, you will be required to deliver complete, accurate and on-time deliveries to the company's customers; to represent the company in a highly professional, safe and cost-effective manner; and comply with all DOT and other applicable regulations. Other duties include various warehouse and counter duties that include but are not limited to: loading & unloading product, order fulfillment, inventory counting, customer service, and assisting the Warehouse Manager with various tasks to ensure a organized and efficient warehouse.
NON-CDL Truck Driver - Warehouse Associate Job Requirements
As a Delivery Driver/Warehouse Associate for Insulation Distributors, you must have the ability to work independently and as a part of a team and possess a professional, customer-focused attitude. You must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record as well as current driver's license and DOT medical card. Proficiency with order entry and use of inventory systems is preferred.
Additional Job Requirements
- Ability to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Ability to understand product numbers and alpha/numeric codes
- Working knowledge of DOT safety rules and regulations including inspections and log book preparation
- Ability to read a map and accurately plan a route
- Proficient listening, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to lift/carry/maneuver heavy materials and equipment on a daily basis
- Proficiency with material handling equipment including: forklift, pallet jack and shrink wrapper
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and drug test
- Ability to work a Monday - Friday schedule per delivery demands
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 2+ years experience in route delivery or applicable background driving required
- 1+ year(s) experience in distribution warehouse setting preferred
Candidates with no truck driving experience please do not apply for this job.